I’m very happy to announce that I’ve been nominated for my first blog award, the Liebster award. A huge thank you to Bec Oakes from blvsh.com for the nomination, I am so grateful!
For any of you who aren’t aware of the Liebster award, it exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award and post their link in this post
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a 150-300 word post about one of your favourite blogs that is not your own
- Post 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve this award and provide links to them in your post
- Answer 10 questions that your nominator has asked you
- Ask your nominees 10 questions
- Let your nominees know that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award
My favourite blog:
My favourite blog would have to be www.sarahakwisombe.com/. Sarah is a rule breaking, boundary pushing Interior Stylist based in London. Sarah left her office job and started her interiors blog. Since then, she has worked with major brands such as M&S, Dwell, BHS, Paint by Conran and DFS and built a strong brand for herself. Her social media has a very strong, quirky aesthetic which is really inspirational. She is in charge of the No Bull Blog School which is an online 6 week course where Sarah spills secrets about blogging and how to run a successful blog. Her advice really helped me to get my blog off the ground and I’m really grateful for that!
Facts about me:
- I am in my third and final year at Southampton Solent Uni studying Interior Design Decoration. I will be graduating in July 2017.
- I am 20 but I’m turning 21 in a couple of weeks!
- I used to be a semi pro rhythmic gymnast and could have made it to Team GB if I didn’t give it up!
- I love travelling to other countries and exploring new places. I find it really interesting to experience other cultures.
- I love going to art galleries and exhibitions as they help me to find inspiration for my designs.
- I am definitely a cat person! (although Liam’s dog has made me realise that dogs are pretty great too)
- I have double jointed elbows which freaks people out!
- I had major surgery when I was 3 weeks old and now have a massive scar across my stomach.
- I am an only child.
- I’m scared of spiders, clowns and mannequins!
1.What inspired you to start blogging?
I started my blog as part of a uni project. We were asked to create professional social media accounts to promote ourselves as Interior Designers, so I started my blog! As mentioned above, I have been inspired by interiors blogger Sarah Akwisombe. Seeing the success of Sarah’s blog has inspired me to keep going with mine.
2. What’s the greatest piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
My Dad always tells me that it’s good to be nervous about things (especially when it comes to my uni projects and pitches) as nerves are a sign that you care about what you are doing. That is something that has really stuck with me!
3. Who would play you in the biopic of your life?
This is a tough one. I have been told a few tomes that I look a bit like Liv Tyler so I guess she’d be a good bet. But I’d probably say Jennifer Aniston as she’s a fantastic actress!
4. What’s your guilty pleasure?
My biggest guilty pleasure is lounging around in my dressing gown and slippers (I probably do it a bit too much!). But its just so relaxing and cosy.
5. What’s the last TV show you binge-watched?
Me and my boyfriend recently got Netflix and binge watched Stranger Things. Sci-Fi normally isn’t my genre, but I thought it was amazing! We are now binge-watching Orange is the New Black and we are both addicted!
6. In the perfect world, what will you be doing in five years time?
In 5 years time, I hope to be a successful Interior Designer/Stylist. I hope to be living in my own house that I have redesigned and decorated. Like most people, I also hope to be in a long term loving relationship too.
7. What’s in your day-to-day bag?
My Zara perfume is my must have item, it just smells so good! Of course, my phone is always there, I can’t imagine leaving the house without it! And I always remember to take a pack of tissues with me.
8. What 5 items in your wardrobe could you not live without?
The top item would definitely be my black skinny jeans as I wear them most days. My military style boots are another must have (I have a very varied fashion sense). My Khaki jumpsuit is another key piece that I wear a lot, its just so comfy!
9. Who could you not live without?
As cheesy as it sounds, I definitely couldn’t live without my family and friends. I am very close with my family and they are incredibly supportive of me. Also, my fantastic boyfriend Liam who never fails to make me laugh!
10. What do you want to be remembered for?
I’d love to be remembered for running a successful freelance Interior Design business. But I also want to be remembered as a family orientated person with a close group of supportive friends.
- Kelly from hi-im-kelly.com
- Ella from ellarenee.blogspot.co.uk
- Sonia from seaviewgirl.wordpress.com
- Emma from apogeeinteriors.co.uk
- Hattie from misshattiejane.wordpress.com
Questions for my nominees:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
- Where do you get inspiration from?
- Who is your hero?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Have you got a bucket list? If so, what is the most important thing on it?
- If you were to change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- If there is any place in the world that you could go, where would it be and why?
Thanks again Bec for the nomination, I really appreciate it! And to my nominees, don’t forget to let me know when you publish yours.