TREND ALERT: SUCCULENT CAKES

Succulent cakes (aka Terrarium cakes) ay have only burst onto the scene recently, but they are already a huge trend!

Social media have been taken over by these beautiful deserts. If you haven’t seen them, where have you been hiding? Piping tiny succulents and cacti on cakes, instead of the more traditional floral icing, creates truly beautiful and very realistic results.

The baking company Ivenoven  have risen to popularity on Instagram for posting photos of their wonderful creations. Take a look below at some of their succulent cakes that are almost too good to eat!

Succulent cakes:

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.41.23
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.41.53
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.42.13
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.42.50
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.43.19
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.44.07
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.44.24
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.44.57
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.45.10
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.47.27

Succulent cupcakes:

If succulent cakes are too much to handle, check out these cute little alternatives!

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.40.40
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.42.29
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.43.06
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.43.54
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.46.39
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.47.50
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.48.16
(Image Credit: Ivenoven)

Aren’t they amazing? I am definitely going to try making cupcakes like these.

I don’t know about you, but I need to up my baking skills! Hope you enjoyed this post.

Eve x

Advertisements

11 Comments Add yours

1. These desserts are STUNNING. it’s no wonder its a trend!

1. Eve Morgan says:

I know right! I need to learn how to make these!

Liked by 1 person

2. abbiewest96 says:

Oh my gosh, these look heavenly! I’m going to have to stalk their Instagram account now. And definitely share your results when you attempt to make these!!

Abs x

1. Eve Morgan says:

They are awesome aren’t they! Yeah I will! I’m hoping to make them for Easter weekend x

3. jazziepickles says:

I’d love to be skilled enough to bake something that pretty !

1. Eve Morgan says:

Me too! I am going to attempt them soon, I’ll update my post with pictures of them haha! x

4. These are so pretty I couldn’t imagine cutting into them! They would take so much skill and patience to bake, good luck!

Liked by 1 person

1. Eve Morgan says:

They are beautiful! I need to up my piping skills before I attempt them though haha x

5. Haha these are brilliant!! Plant lovers rejoice! They look like they take some serious skills though, I don’t think any attempt I could make would come anywhere near them! Rx

Liked by 1 person

1. Eve Morgan says:

I still haven’t been brave enough to attempt them! x

6. Megha says:

These cakes look so beautiful. I have never seen these.. wow 😊