THE STATEMENT HEADBOARD

A statement headboard makes for a fantastic focal point in bedrooms. According to Elle Decoration’s March edition, statement headboards are a huge trend this season. Here’s a bit of inspo for you.

Here are my top 10 (in no particular order):

1. Tufted / Buttoned

Tufted headboards may seem quite traditional, however, oversized tufted headboards create a bold statement.

A statement headboard makes for a fantastic focal point in bedrooms. According to Elle Decoration's March edition, statement headboards are a huge trend this season. Here's a bit of inspo for you.
(Image Credit: notapaperhouse.com)

2. Upholstered panels

Panelled headboards are quite simple. To create a bold focal point, why not use a rich velvet material.

(Image Credit: Havenly)

3. Hung leather panel

I love this idea! The principle is fairly simple, but it creates an interesting focal point. The detail of the brass hooks add interest.

(Image Credit: By Thornam)

4. Copper

Now this definitely creates a bold statement. Copper was a huge trend last year and is still very popular today. The scale of this headboard really creates wow factor.

(Image Credit: Domino magazine)

5. Sunburst

This beautiful boho inspired headboard would be perfectly at home in an Urban Outfitters catalogue.

(Image Credit: The Family Love Tree)

6. Doors

This is a really creative idea. In the example below, the doors are very rustic, creating a shabby chic feel. However, you can use modern doors to create a contemporary look.

(Image Credit: fashionsquad.com)

7. Asymmetric

Another simple idea that creates an interesting look. Although the example uses wood panels, you could use metallic sheets or upholstered panels to change the feel of the space.

(Image Credit: Gravity Home)

8. Wood blocks

This Scandi inspired headboard creates a statement. Although wood may not be an obvious choice for a headboard, it brings a certain rustic charm to the space. Why not add a splash of colour by painting some of the blocks?

(Image Credit: Ultralinx)

9. Gold Scales

This is probably my favourite example. It is so unique and contemporary. The bold gold colour brings a sense of luxury and the layered texture adds depth.

(Image Credit: Emilie Lemardeley)

10. Open Books

This is a really unique idea! It would be perfect in a book lovers bedroom.

(Image Credit: diyprojects.com)

I hope you enjoyed the selection of headboards, hopefully they have inspired you to be creative with your headboards.

Eve x

Advertisements

26 Comments Add yours

1. abbeylouisarose says:

My bed in my uni room doesn’t even have a headboard at the moment which is quite sad! Once I have my own place, I’d love to make a headboard a really big focus in my bedroom! I’m in love with the open book headboard, that looks absolutely charming! I’d imagine that Belle from Beauty and the Beast has one just like it in her palace! Fab post!

Abbey πŸ‰ http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

2. Antonia says:

These headboards are so pretty and unique. I think that having a headboard really makes your whole bedroom looking more put together. I really like this asymmetric and open book one. xx

Antonia || Sweet Passions

1. Eve Morgan says:

I totally agree. Headboards are more important than people think. Yeah I love the book one too x

3. pinkiebag says:

What a fab selection of headboards I want to get a new one now as mine is pretty dull compared to your choices, Chloe #TeacupClub

1. Eve Morgan says:

I really want a new one for my room now too haha! Can’t afford it yet x

4. Sophie says:

See mine is really boring at home but I love the sunburst one! It’s so lovely!

sophieannetaylor.com

1. Eve Morgan says:

It is so pretty. It’s bold but still looks delicate. x

5. Those head boards are stunning! The fish scale one, sunburst and the asymmetrical wooden panels especially!
    I can’t wait to be able to design my room like that!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

1. Eve Morgan says:

The fish scale one is definitely one of my favourites. I agree, can’t wait to get my own place to design!

6. freyameadows says:

This is such an interesting post! I love the photos and I’ve definitely got some room inspo! The sunflower one and doors one are so lovely!!

1. Eve Morgan says:

Pinterest is so great or design inspo. I love the doors headboard too, it is such a creative idea.

7. Love love love the headboard inspiration here. I’m dying to get a new bed with a big luxury one. These are giving me serious envy! Great picks!

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

1. Eve Morgan says:

There are so many creative ideas on Pinterest, such a great source of inspo. Yeah, I love the drama of a big headboard. Thank you! x

8. Amazing post! i’ve always been into interiors and have enjoyed this post a lot!

1. Eve Morgan says:

I’m glad! Plenty of posts scheduled soon too so keep your eyes peeled x

9. corinneandkirsty says:

I want them all lol how can you only chose one? They are all stunning! x

Kirsty

1. Eve Morgan says:

I know right, such a difficult choice. I shortlisted those 10 from about 20 haha x

10. Ooo! I love the doors and wood panels. I love headboards so much. I feel like they totally add to the atmosphere of a bedroom. You’ve introduced me to some cool ideas with this post, chick!

Breanna Catharina
    toocuteforlife.com

11. Kelly Walker says:

Really love the green upholstered panel

1. Eve Morgan says:

It’s a simple idea thats a little bit different

12. Rohina says:

I wish I was in the market for a new headboard! Your pix are so beautiful it makes me want a new one!!!

1. Eve Morgan says:

I wish I was too! Thank you!

13. These ideas are amazing! I have to try one!

1. Eve Morgan says:

Thanks, I’m glad they have inspired you.

14. Hobbs&Co says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that second head post. I’m doing a book to get into interior architecture school and I decided to design a house. I am so using this in my fake house πŸ™‚

15. Very interesting blog. My No.1 solution is no doubt the wall with copper! I love copper that why I use it several times for my home decoration works.