Christmas Series: 6 Present Wrapping Ideas

Arguably, one of the most exciting parts of Christmas is opening your presents and watching friends and family open theirs. For the person getting the Christmas gift, gorgeous wrapping builds the anticipation of what’s to come.

I’ve rounded up 6 creative and unique ideas that prove when it comes to Christmas gifts, it’s not just what’s on the inside that counts.

Use the 6 ideas below to make your presents stand out under the Christmas tree.

1. Rustic Scandi

This style is all the rage on Pinterest at the moment. It’s stark simplicity is really natural and beautiful which is why people are drawn to it.

To recreate this style, you need to use a black, brown or white paper, with string and natural elements. Consider pine cones, cinnamon sticks or Christmas tree branches to add character.

5 simple gift wrap ideas.jpg
(Image credit: Burkatron)

2. Stencil

Stencilling is a fun way of adding a personal touch to your presents this year. I love the example below with all the different baubles as it is very playful.

To create this look, you can either buy stencils or you can make your own. It is best to use this technique on a plain paper background as the pattern will stand out.

christmas-ornaments-stencil-craft-diy-stenciled-gift-wrap-2.jpg
(Image credit: Cuttingedgestencils)

3. Cut out wrapping

To create a present that is almost too pretty to open, consider this cut out mistletoe idea. The 3D effect created is stunning and will really stand out amongst the pile of presents under the tree.

You can find out how to create this here.

mistle-toe-gift-wrap
(Image credit: Skonahem)

4. Gingerbread men

This idea features a quirky twist on the classic Christmas wrapping style. If you love the traditional red and white Christmas, then this is perfect for you.

Not only do they look really cute, but they also smell really festive! If this is too fiddly for you, the same effect can be made using Christmas tree branches or cinnamon sticks as decoration.

You can find out how to make these cute little gingerbread men here.

Home-Made-Ginger-Bread-Gift-Tags
(Image credit: Decorators notebook)

5. Creative gift tags

Gift tags can make or break the look of a present. You can tailor your gift tags towards different design styles also personalise them towards the recipient. For example, on a child’s present, you can use an animal shapes label. You could even create christmas motif shaped labels, such as stars, Christmas trees and santa hats.

There are some really unusual ideas on Pinterest, here are a couple of my favourites:

emballage-plumes-cadeaux.jpg
(Image credit: Lia Griffith)
x1481971666_novogodnie_podelki_s_detmi_10.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5kjIYWX1KM
(Image credit: Lia Griffith)

6. DIY marble paper

Marble has been a huge trend for the past few years and it is very pretty to look at. Marbling is relatively easy and cheap to do too. Another positive is each time you marble, you always created a unique pattern, making each gift a lot more personal.

For a tutorial, please click here.

f9f06eb7cebcc841417cc15fd3104969--wrapping-gifts-w-bell
(Image credit: Ruffled Blog)

I hope you’ve been inspired to try out one of the ideas above. I’m sure your family and friends will appreciate the extra effort gone into your wrapping this year.

Keep checking my blog for my next post in the Christmas series.

If you’ve not already read it, feel free to check out my previous post in the Christmas series: Christmas Interior Style Ideas

Want to pin this post? Use the graphic below:

www.evemorganinteriors.com.jpg

Eve x

Advertisements

21 Comments Add yours

1. Corinne and Kirsty says:

I am loving rusting scandi and cut out paper! so pretty and creative! I still need to wrap my present so this is great! xx corinne

1. Eve Morgan says:

Thanks Corinne. The cut out paper is my favourite too.

2. onedaydreamawaycom says:

These are so cute I love it! I especially love the scandi idea. I love getting creative at Christmas

1. Eve Morgan says:

Thank you. Me too, I definitely need to try some of these.

3. Wow these are so creative (something I lack!). I personally don’t like the wrapping part of the presents and do it in normal wrapping paper 😬 I must try harder next year!

1. Eve Morgan says:

I don’t enjoy wrapping presents either haha. I completely agree.

4. Katie Henry says:

These are all so beautiful. I love all the detail on gift wrapping and will definitely use the inspiration for my presents.

1. Eve Morgan says:

Thanks Katie, I’m glad you enjoyed it. Great, so will I.

5. Hello Bexa says:

I’m awful at wrapping gifts he he 🙈. These look so creative! I especially love the feather gift tags and marble wrapping paper, it’s beautiful ❤️. Thank you for sharing! 😘 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

Liked by 1 person

1. Eve Morgan says:

So am I haha. I’m going to try harder this year! The feather gift tags are gorgeous x

6. pinkiebag says:

Hi, I loveseat creative ideas my favourite has to be the gingerbread theme.

1. Eve Morgan says:

Thank you. The gingerbread one is very cute!

Liked by 1 person

7. These are so creative! Especially looooove the ‘cut out wrapper’ – so cute! Thank you for sharing & give us tips on how to step up our wrapping game!

Liked by 1 person

1. Eve Morgan says:

Thanks, I’m glad you enjoyed it! That’s my favourite too, might give it a go this year.

8. Kelly says:

Oh my gosh, I’d never have thought of doing this. Definitely going to have to give it ago … they look amazing!

9. Lena Dee says:

OMG this is such a beautiful gift wrapping idea! I love creative posts like these…thanks for all the ideas

xx Lena https://lenadeexo.com/

10. Sarah Marie Graye says:

I love the idea of the gingerbread men. I’d like a whole string of them please! 🙂

11. glowsteady says:

I’m terrible at DIY but these look great! So many different styles to suit different personalities. I think rustic DIY is my favourite! x

Sophie

12. Siyana says:

Whoever came up with those ideas has such a talent! Loved them all and honestly I can’t decide which is my favourite design! If I get a gift wrapped up like that, believe me, I’d never open it haha

13. GirlMasked says:

Brilliant post, so creative! I’d love to try the stencils. I think rustoc scandi has to be my fave! Thanks for sharing your ideas, defo given me some inspiration!