Burnt Orange: The Hottest Colour For Your Home This Summer

Whether you’re working with a muted minimalistic palette or opting for deeper, darker tones, burnt orange can be used to add a glowing warmth. Because it has a natural tone, burnt orange manages to be somehow bold and subtle all at the same time. And it works exceptionally well as an accent colour within a room too! Think terracotta ceramics, burnt orange lampshades or even a velvet sofa to create a colour sensation that never threatens to overpower a design.

To help you get the look within your own home, I’ve created a few product boards to get you inspired! Whether you’re looking to add some burnt orange to your walls and floors or within your furniture and accessories, I’ve got you covered.

Walls and Floors:
Burnt Orange is guaranteed to add warmth into your home. Whether you go for orange tiles in your bathroom, wallpaper in your living room or feature paint in your bedroom, orange will inject fun and energy.
Burnt Orange walls
All products in the board above can be found here:
  1. Marrakech Catarina Copper Tile – Tile Mountain
  2. Shibori Wallpaper in Chilli – Scion
  3. Chalk Paint Swatch Barcelona Orange – Annie Sloan
  4. Tranquil Wallpaper in Mandarin – Harlequin
  5. Mr. Fox Wallpaper in Ginger – Scion
  6. Mini Metro 150×75 Waterloo Orange Tiles – Tile Dealer

7. Moroccan Flame Paint – Dulux
  8. Savuti Wallpaper in Orange – Cole & Son
For a bold style statement, use burnt orange within some key furniture pieces. Use the colour on objects as big or small as you are comfortable with. There are some beautiful pieces on the high street at the moment, here are a few to get you started.
Burnt Orange Furniture
All products in the board above can be found here:
  1. Napper bed in Burnt Orange clever velvet – Loaf
  2. Scott Round Ottoman, Burnt Orange Cotton Velvet – Made.com
  3. Orbit Side Table in Orange – Red Candy
  4. 2 x Charley Dining Chairs, Retro Orange and Beige – Made.com
  5. Ciara O’Neill Large Frond Pendant – Copper – Rume
  6. Jenson Dining Bench Oak Orange – Made.com
  7. Kolton Accent Chair Orange – Made.com
  8. Dulwich Midi Sofa in Sahara Carrot – Darlings of Chelsea
Accessories:
Using burnt orange within your home accessories is a clever way of injecting some colour in without being too in your face.
Burnt orange accessories copy.jpg
All products in the board above can be found here:
  1. Terry Orange Velvet Tassel Cushion – Ragged Rose
  2. LSA Utility Container with Ash Lid, Pumpkin Orange – Black by Design
  3. Barnie Owl Mug- Hurn & Hurn
  4. Goldfish Orange Task Lamp – Andshine
  5. Hank Table Lamp Gloss Orange – Made.com
  6. Bronte by Moon Merino Lambswool Parquet Throw Blanket – Hurn and Hurn
  7. Vertigo Vintage Framed Print, Orange – Made.com
  8. Fern Cushion By Hannah Peck – ArtWow
  9. Orla Kiely 60s Stem Ceramic Plant Pot with Wooden Stand, Poppy –  Hurn and Hurn
  10. LED Illuminated Globe Light, Goldfish Orange – Wild Wood
  11. Curtains in Burnt Orange plush velvet – Loaf

What are your thoughts about burnt orange? Personally, I’m not a huge fan of orange, but I think burnt orange is a very contemporary shade. If you are a bit scared of using burnt orange in your home, consider pairing it with navy blue or soft neutrals for a calmer feel.

If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share/tweet/pin it using the graphic below:

Burnt Orange graphic

P.S. Make sure you’re following me to keep updated with the latest tips and tricks!

Instagram: evemorgan.interiors

Twitter: @EveMInteriors

Eve x

Advertisements

23 Comments Add yours

1. movingoutonandup says:

I always thought of burnt orange as a fall color, I don’t know why I never thought to use such a bright fun color in the summer. Thanks for your insight! 🙂

1. Eve Morgan says:

You’re welcome! I’m glad you enjoyed reading it. x

2. glowsteady says:

Orange is definitely not my colour but for some reason I’m really drawn to the table from Made?! I love that you’ve thrown in some simple accessories for people who’d prefer a little pop of colour x

Sophie

1. Eve Morgan says:

It’s not my colour either, but I find myself being drawn to it as well. Thanks. I always think pops of colour are the best place to start. x

3. Creative Nails says:

Orange always makes me think of Autumn and Halloween! It’s not a colour I would think of going for usually, but this has definitely made me think of the possibilities! I love light orange colours on my nails at this time of the year, a lovely pastel orange is gorgeous 🙂

Amy,

4. Juhita Gupta says:

I have often wanted to incorporate warm colours into my room’s interiors but I don’t like the idea of a whole wall with a warm colour. However I love your idea of using small details in burnt orange to give it a nice artsy vibe.

1. Eve Morgan says:

Burnt orange will definitely add warmth to a design scheme. Small burnt orange pieces are a great place to start. x

5. Bexa says:

I really like orange, I love how it so bold and eye catching. I actually think the sofa would work really well in my lounge as I have a green feature wall. Thanks for the inspiration, I love your selection Eve! 💖 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

1. Eve Morgan says:

You’re welcome! I’ve never been a big fan of orange but I think burnt orange is more sophisticated and versatile. Thank you x

6. Nancy says:

I am loving the burnt orange home accessories you’ve shared! It looks like a rich color and can be matched in so many different ways. Thanks for sharing these picks! 🙂

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

1. Eve Morgan says:

Thank you Nancy, I’m glad you enjoyed the post x

7. I don’t think too much on the trends of colours for furniture on a whole. I think I notice themes more. But man, that was a lot of burnt orange! I like the furniture #2 and #5 picks – pouffes are so cute.

1. Eve Morgan says:

I agree that the pouffe is really cute! It would add a pop of colour into a living room x

8. hudapervez says:

I honestly never would have thought of using this color around the house but you’ve definitely inspired me to! Great post! xx

1. Eve Morgan says:

I wouldn’t have either until I saw that it had become a huge trend. I’m glad I’ve inspired you to give it a go x

Liked by 1 person

9. Nice!!! I love organe so this is right up my alley!!!

1. Eve Morgan says:

Great! I’m glad you enjoyed it! x

10. Jasmin says:

I tend to add bits and pieces in this colour during the Autumn, such a beautiful colour 🙂

11. I am in awe of how good this colour looks to be honest, it’s not something I would think of straight away but after reading this post I need to get me some orange cushions. I have to say, that globe looks sooo good along with that couch, yes yes yes!

Jordanne // Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

1. Eve Morgan says:

Thanks Jordanne. I’m not a big fan of orange either but I think it looks good in small doses. I agree, the globe is really cool x

12. Burnt orange is one of my favourite colours! It goes so well with my grey bedroom, it makes it look so cosy and warm!

1. Eve Morgan says:

That’s great! Grey and burnt orange work really nicely together. x

13. This is a fantastic blog post keep up the fantastic work