Whether you’re working with a muted minimalistic palette or opting for deeper, darker tones, burnt orange can be used to add a glowing warmth. Because it has a natural tone, burnt orange manages to be somehow bold and subtle all at the same time. And it works exceptionally well as an accent colour within a room too! Think terracotta ceramics, burnt orange lampshades or even a velvet sofa to create a colour sensation that never threatens to overpower a design.
To help you get the look within your own home, I’ve created a few product boards to get you inspired! Whether you’re looking to add some burnt orange to your walls and floors or within your furniture and accessories, I’ve got you covered.
Walls and Floors:
- Marrakech Catarina Copper Tile – Tile Mountain
- Shibori Wallpaper in Chilli – Scion
- Chalk Paint Swatch Barcelona Orange – Annie Sloan
- Tranquil Wallpaper in Mandarin – Harlequin
- Mr. Fox Wallpaper in Ginger – Scion
Mini Metro 150×75 Waterloo Orange Tiles – Tile Dealer
Moroccan Flame Paint – Dulux
- Savuti Wallpaper in Orange – Cole & Son
- Napper bed in Burnt Orange clever velvet – Loaf
- Scott Round Ottoman, Burnt Orange Cotton Velvet – Made.com
- Orbit Side Table in Orange – Red Candy
- 2 x Charley Dining Chairs, Retro Orange and Beige – Made.com
- Ciara O’Neill Large Frond Pendant – Copper – Rume
- Jenson Dining Bench Oak Orange – Made.com
- Kolton Accent Chair Orange – Made.com
- Dulwich Midi Sofa in Sahara Carrot – Darlings of Chelsea
- Terry Orange Velvet Tassel Cushion – Ragged Rose
- LSA Utility Container with Ash Lid, Pumpkin Orange – Black by Design
- Barnie Owl Mug- Hurn & Hurn
- Goldfish Orange Task Lamp – Andshine
- Hank Table Lamp Gloss Orange – Made.com
- Bronte by Moon Merino Lambswool Parquet Throw Blanket – Hurn and Hurn
- Vertigo Vintage Framed Print, Orange – Made.com
- Fern Cushion By Hannah Peck – ArtWow
- Orla Kiely 60s Stem Ceramic Plant Pot with Wooden Stand, Poppy – Hurn and Hurn
- LED Illuminated Globe Light, Goldfish Orange – Wild Wood
- Curtains in Burnt Orange plush velvet – Loaf
What are your thoughts about burnt orange? Personally, I’m not a huge fan of orange, but I think burnt orange is a very contemporary shade. If you are a bit scared of using burnt orange in your home, consider pairing it with navy blue or soft neutrals for a calmer feel.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share/tweet/pin it using the graphic below:
P.S. Make sure you’re following me to keep updated with the latest tips and tricks!