Whether you’re working with a muted minimalistic palette or opting for deeper, darker tones, burnt orange can be used to add a glowing warmth. Because it has a natural tone, burnt orange manages to be somehow bold and subtle all at the same time. And it works exceptionally well as an accent colour within a room too! Think terracotta ceramics, burnt orange lampshades or even a velvet sofa to create a colour sensation that never threatens to overpower a design.
To help you get the look within your own home, I’ve created a few product boards to get you inspired! Whether you’re looking to add some burnt orange to your walls and floors or within your furniture and accessories, I’ve got you covered.
- Marrakech Catarina Copper Tile – Tile Mountain
- Shibori Wallpaper in Chilli – Scion
- Chalk Paint Swatch Barcelona Orange – Annie Sloan
- Tranquil Wallpaper in Mandarin – Harlequin
- Mr. Fox Wallpaper in Ginger – Scion
Mini Metro 150×75 Waterloo Orange Tiles – Tile Dealer
- Moroccan Flame Paint – Dulux
- Savuti Wallpaper in Orange – Cole & Son
- Napper bed in Burnt Orange clever velvet – Loaf
- Scott Round Ottoman, Burnt Orange Cotton Velvet – Made.com
- Orbit Side Table in Orange – Red Candy
- 2 x Charley Dining Chairs, Retro Orange and Beige – Made.com
- Ciara O’Neill Large Frond Pendant – Copper – Rume
- Jenson Dining Bench Oak Orange – Made.com
- Kolton Accent Chair Orange – Made.com
- Dulwich Midi Sofa in Sahara Carrot – Darlings of Chelsea
- Terry Orange Velvet Tassel Cushion – Ragged Rose
- LSA Utility Container with Ash Lid, Pumpkin Orange – Black by Design
- Barnie Owl Mug- Hurn & Hurn
- Goldfish Orange Task Lamp – Andshine
- Hank Table Lamp Gloss Orange – Made.com
- Bronte by Moon Merino Lambswool Parquet Throw Blanket – Hurn and Hurn
- Vertigo Vintage Framed Print, Orange – Made.com
- Fern Cushion By Hannah Peck – ArtWow
- Orla Kiely 60s Stem Ceramic Plant Pot with Wooden Stand, Poppy – Hurn and Hurn
- LED Illuminated Globe Light, Goldfish Orange – Wild Wood
- Curtains in Burnt Orange plush velvet – Loaf
What are your thoughts about burnt orange? Personally, I’m not a huge fan of orange, but I think burnt orange is a very contemporary shade. If you are a bit scared of using burnt orange in your home, consider pairing it with navy blue or soft neutrals for a calmer feel.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share/tweet/pin it using the graphic below:
P.S. Make sure you’re following me to keep updated with the latest tips and tricks!