I recently got my hands on a copy of Elle Decoration’s ‘The Forecast S/S 2019’ issue and it is absolutely bursting with inspiration. It’s no surprise that 70’s design is back again or that woven textures are sticking around for another year. But, there are a few trends that you may not be expecting to pop up.
Take a look at my product boards below to see what 2019 will have in store for our interiors.
This year the interior design world will be looking beyond traditional marble to the world’s naturally occurring shades. According to interior experts, 2019 is set to be the year of emerald and salmon-hued stone. In the past, coloured marble has long been associated with tacky décor, however, the modern shapes and metallic touches make it bang on trend. Check out the gorgeous furniture and accessories below to give you some inspiration.
Get the look:
- J by Jasper Conran – Green Marble Table Lamp – Debenhams – £44
- Pearl Side Table, Brown Marble & Steel – SWOON – £149
- Circles Blue poster – Desenio – from £7.95
- Colt Marble Round Wall Clock, Green – Cult Furniture – £55
- Selby Coffee Table, Black Marble – Swoon – £300
- Ferm Living Marble Trees, Set of 3 – Connox – £45
- Gaby Green Marble Vase – Louise Roe Copenhagen – €55
- Hudson Floor Lamp, Black – Cox & Cox – £150
With fine black outlines and expressive brushstrokes, this trend will display the creativity of illustrative art. One of 2018’s hottest interior trends was inspired by the free-flowing illustrations from the likes of artists like Picasso, Magritte, Miro and Matisse. With online searches for ‘line drawings’ at an all-time high, the illustrative style is definitely here to stay in 2019. Try finding furniture that also features black lines, such as the lamp and chair below.
Get the look:
- Marselis floor lamp – HAY – £225
- Jasper velvet armchair – Maisons du monde – £376.50
- Sketched face cushion – Urban Outfitters – £20
- Abstract Shapes No1 Poster – Desenio – from £11.95
- Abstract Shapes No4 Poster – Desenio – from £11.95
- Celestial Blue 2 – Dulux
- Taiki Dotted Vase – Anthropologie – £8
- Tall Ceramic shapes vase – White Black Grey – £24
- Katana sideboard – Swoon – £649
Mixing metals was very popular in 2018, however, mixing woods is going to take over this year. Trend forecasters have predicted that stylish homes will be going against the grain in 2019 by combining the palest ash with the darkest ebony to create a statement.
A lot of people struggle with mixing different wood tones, but it can be done. Check out my board to give you an idea of how it could work.
Get the look:
- Blossom Candleholder – Connox – £52
- Zabel TV Stand, Mango Wood – Swoon – £349
- Mira Mirror Natural – Umbra – £80
- Tom Raffield Skipper Pendant Light, 62cm, Oak – John Lewis – £211.50
- Lightyears Night Owl Table Lamp – Cloudberry Living – £158.40
- Graphic Wood Texture Poster – Desenio – From £6.95
- Black Wood Poster – Desenio – from £11.95
- CH25 Style Rocking Chair, Natural – Cult Furniture – £345
4.Rust and Rose
Warm Desert inspired tones rust and dusty rose are set to make a major comeback in 2019. Both tones come from the warmer end of the spectrum and will add a glow to any room.
With Coral being Pantone’s colour of the year, it makes sense for these pinks and reds to be in the spotlight too. I definitely prefer the earthy feel of rust to coral. Have a look at my board below to see if you do too.
Get the look:
- Tip table lamp – Scandinavian Design Centre – £222
- Tulou Coffee Table, Orange – HAY – £165
- Pink Tinted Glass Vase H10 – Maisons Du Monde – £8.39
- Rust No3 poster – Desenio – from £7.95
- Rust No2 poster – Desenio – from £7.95
- Benjamin Pendant in Rust – Heal’s – £135
- Moby Sofa Bed, Vintage Pink Velvet with Copper Leg – Made.com – £299
- Washed linen cushion cover – H&M – £8.99
Graphic illustration is definitely my favourite trend as I’ve always been a fan of line drawings. Due to the simple monochrome palette, it’s also really easy to add your own accent colours and personality to it. Which trend is your favourite? Let me know in the comments.
I’m currently working on an exciting project with Valspar paint which I will show you very soon…
Keep checking my blog!